Track-Bridge Interaction Workshop
Chaired by Dr David Rhodes, Convenor of the CEN Task Group on Track-Bridge Interaction, this workshop is aimed at professional engineers involved in the specification and design of railway bridges and associated trackwork.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Implications of installing continuous welded rail across discontinuities in bridge structures;
- Bridge design considerations;
- Current Codes and Standards: Understanding EN1991-2 §6.5.4, UIC774-3;
- Selection of track components to mitigate Track-Bridge Interaction effects;
- Bridge design details that influence Track-Bridge Interactions;
- Worked examples of calculations of stresses in rails and forces on bridge bearings;
- Measurements of effects in service.
For more details contact: tbi_workshop(at)drsquared.co.uk