Chief ConsultantRecruiter: CRA Risk Analysis
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
- CRA is seeking to employ a Chief Consultant to lead the delivery of systems engineering consulting services to its rail clients in the UK, Europe, the Middle East and Australia.
- As an industry-respected professional of more than 20 years’ experience, you will be able to demonstrate a unique selling point in one of the rail disciplines (e.g. Control Systems, Traffic Management, Cyber Security, Systems Engineering).
- You will be passionate about growth, in terms of: leading industry thinking in your specialist area; providing expert advice and support to internal and external stakeholders; building and leading a high performing Rail Engineering team at CRA.
- Reporting to the Managing Director, and working strategically and in unison with the Chief Consultant, Rail System Safety, you will lead the identification and development of business opportunities associated with rail engineering and manage key client relationships while ensuring clients receive the highest quality of service.
- CRA’s culture has three values at its core; Quality, Integrity and Leadership. You will be expected to espouse CRA’s values at all times.
- Degree qualified (Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate) in your area of rail expertise
- Extensive management experience on major rail infrastructure projects
- Proven design, integration and assurance experience with a consultancy background or extensive design management with a contractor
- Comfortable working as part of an integrated multidisciplinary team and being familiar with local practices, processes and standards employee
- Significant involvement in the delivery of many high-profile rail projects
- Recognised ability to work and lead across multiple projects
- Demonstrable experience in satisfying client requirements at all stages of the system lifecycle
Core Skills and Knowledge:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UK and European rail industries
- Ability to successfully judge future needs of market
- Natural penchant for developing business
- Desire to build, develop and lead a team
- Strategic planning and delivery
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and management of the development of complex infrastructure
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at various levels and to nurture client relationships
- Thorough understanding of current engineering standards, national and European, industry best practice, safety regulations and safety assurance through the lifecycle
- Inspirational, both technically and personally
- Enthusiasm to develop the careers of others in a growing Systems Engineering management consultancy environment?
- Immediately leverageable currency in UK, Europe or Middle East
- Vast professional network in the UK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills?
- Exceptional problem solving ability
- High level of IT proficiency, computer literacy, MS Office Suite
- Ability to think logically and creatively
- Highly developed report writing and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- International rail experience
- Proposal writing
- Technical Sales process
- Non-rail consulting experience in the UK or internationally (e.g. wider transportation, nuclear)
For a confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please contact Ruairí Kennedy:
M: 07967 737 780