Assistant Principal Engineer (Signalling)Recruiter: Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail
Type: Contract - 6 Years
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
· Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is seeking to employ an Assistant Principal Engineer (Signalling) to commence the initial design and installation works associated with a new Train Protection System project.
· Reporting to the Principal Engineer (Signalling) you will contribute to the delivery of the Train Protection System project.
· Membership of the Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers (IRSE) or another appropriate body
· Degree qualified or equivalent, with a strong technical appreciation and Engineering qualification (ideally in an electrical or electronics discipline)
· Knowledge of Safety Management Systems and Signalling principles and standards.
· Experience in the railway industry, an ability to deal with technical and operational issues and a clear understanding of the operational railway.
· Extensive knowledge of signalling design standards
· Ability to produce and maintain documentation to a high standard
· Demonstrated Safety management capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position.
· Signalling design and/or commissioning experience on railway engineering projects
Core Skills and Knowledge:
· Comprehensive knowledge of signalling systems.
· Thorough understanding of current signalling standards, national and European, industry best practice, and safety regulations.
· Strategic Planning and Delivery
· Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Excellent Leadership and People management skills.
· Is resilient in a constantly demanding environment
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to achieve results.
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and the Construction Industry Regulations.
· Technical Competence
· Focus on planning and implementing
· Concern for Quality
· Resilience & perseverance
· Communication with Impact/Relationship Building
About Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail:
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail provides passenger and freight rail services in the Republic of Ireland as well as operating Rosslare Europort. Intercity rail passenger services operate between Dublin and Sligo, Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee, Cork, Waterford and Rosslare Europort. Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail jointly operates the Dublin to Belfast Enterprise service with Northern Ireland Railways.
Iarnród Éireann is an equal opportunities employer. The five core values are: Always Safe, Customers at the Heart of the Business, Valuing Our People, Iarnród Éireann One Team, Proud of Our Past – Passionate about Our Future. You will be expected to espouse Iarnród Éireann’s values at all times.
How to Apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and covering letter to the following address:
Im_recruit(at)irishrail.ie with the subject line: TPS Assistant Principal Engineer (Signalling) by 17.00 hours, 15th September, 2017.
For further information please contact Rachel.cummins(at)irishrail.ie