Principal Engineer Electrification (Designate)Recruiter: Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
As part of our on- going succession planning process within Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail we are seeking to recruit for a Principal Engineer Electrification (Designate). The initial focus for this role will be on the pending electrification contract renewal tender and evaluation whilst also working closely with the current Principal Engineer Electrification SET to deliver the day to day management of the Electrification Infrastructure business.
Professional Electrical Engineering Degree is essential.
· A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience in the rail industry with an emphasis on Electrification maintenance and installation.
· Demonstrating safety management capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position.
· Proven track record of working in a highly regulated safety environment.
· Proven track record in a people management position.
· Proven experience in managing an engineering team while delivering projects to quality, time and budget.
· Experience of working in a railway signalling environment is desirable.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
· Comprehensive knowledge of electrical/signalling systems.
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and the Construction Industry Regulations
· Strategic Planning and Delivery
· Excellent Leadership and People Management skills with the ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to achieve results.
· Resilience in a constantly demanding environment
· Ability to speak fluently and communicate effectively in written reports and oral presentations.
About Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail:
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail provides passenger and freight rail services in the Republic of Ireland as well as operating Rosslare Europort. Intercity rail passenger services operate between Dublin and Sligo, Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee, Cork, Waterford and Rosslare Europort. Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail jointly operates the Dublin to Belfast Enterprise service with Northern Ireland Railways.
Iarnród Éireann is an equal opportunities employer. Our five core values are: Always Safe, Customers at the Heart of the Business, Valuing Our People, Iarnród Éireann One Team, Proud of Our Past – Passionate about Our Future. You will be expected to espouse Iarnród Éireann’s values at all times.
How to Apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and covering letter to the following address:
Im_recruit(at)irishrail.ie with the subject line: Principal Engineer Electrification ( Designate) by 17.00 hours, 17th November, 2017.
For further information please contact Rachel.cummins(at)irishrail.ie