Senior Signalling Engineer Testing & CommissioningRecruiter: Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail
Type: Contract - 6 Years
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Attractive remuneration package
· Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail is seeking to employ a Senior Signalling Engineer Testing & Commissioning to commence the initial design and installation works associated with a new Train Protection System project.
· Reporting to the Testing & Commissioning Engineer you will contribute to the delivery of the Train Protection System project.
· Membership of the Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers (IRSE) or another appropriate body.
· Degree qualified or equivalent, with a strong technical appreciation and Engineering qualification (ideally in an electrical or electronics discipline)
· A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the Rail Industry, an ability to deal with technical and operational issues and a clear understanding of the operational railway
· Signalling testing and commissioning experience on railway engineering projects. The experience must include pre-commissioning testing of signalling/telecoms systems
· Extensive knowledge of all signalling design standards
· Demonstrated Safety Management capability appropriate to the role and purpose of the position.
Core Skills and Knowledge:
· Comprehensive knowledge of signalling systems.
· Thorough understanding of current signalling standards, national and European, industry best practice, and safety regulations.
· Strategic Planning and Delivery
· Demonstrated ability to manage internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
· Excellent Leadership and People management skills.
· Experience of testing and commissioning railway signalling schemes.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to achieve results.
· Good knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and the Construction Industry Regulations.
· Technical Competence
· Planning & Implementing skills
· Concern for quality
· Excellent people management skills
· Achievement orientation
About Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail:
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail provides passenger and freight rail services in the Republic of Ireland as well as operating Rosslare Europort. Intercity rail passenger services operate between Dublin and Sligo, Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee, Cork, Waterford and Rosslare Europort. Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail jointly operates the Dublin to Belfast Enterprise service with Northern Ireland Railways.
Iarnród Éireann is an equal opportunities employer. The five core values are: Always Safe, Customers at the Heart of the Business, Valuing Our People, Iarnród Éireann One Team, Proud of Our Past – Passionate about Our Future. You will be expected to espouse Iarnród Éireann’s values at all times.
How to Apply:
Please email your curriculum vitae and covering letter to the following address:
Im_recruit(at)irishrail.ie with the subject line: TPS Senior Signalling Engineer Testing & Commissioning by 17.00 Hours, 15th September, 2017.
For further information please contact Rachel.cummins(at)irishrail.ie