Engineering ManagerRecruiter: JMDR Railtech
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES – ENGINEERING MANAGER – Rail Signal Design UK
Your primary role will be as listed below but not limited to:
- Management of Engineering Designs and/or Projects from concept to completion
- Manage multiple teams, clients/stakeholders and designs / projects
- Business Development, preparing proposals and tender documents
- Managing and delivering quality designs and deliverables
- Prepare and provide feedback on feasibility reports and concept designs
- Carry out design, checking and verification signalling circuits, signalling plans, bonding plans, location / REB designs, control tables, operational & control panel diagrams, interface design, data and location drawings from time to time as required to meet client requirements.
- To plan & organise the work and resources
- Follow up clients and stakeholders to ensure the timely approvals of designs / documents submitted
- Ensure quality in all work minimising rework with attitude of “Right First Time”
- Ensure efficiency, effectiveness, timeliness, customer service, safety and reliability at all times
- Provide feedback & periodic reports, ensure timely execution of work assigned, and manage appropriate documentation and all other tasks assigned
- Ensure value for money with commercial awareness.
- Compliance with Standards, Specification, Work Scope
- Compliance with Quality, Competency, OHS, Environmental and Safety requirements
- Manage document control process
- Manage competency, IRSE licensing and membership
- Leading and coaching staff to develop systems and process for effective performance;
- Identify areas for improvement and addressing through selection and implementation of training and development programs;
- Ensuring communication processes are in place, which allow relevant and timely transfer of relevant information to employees and clients.
- Contributing to the development of strategies and initiatives to achieve a successful customer service operation;
- Managing and coordinating special projects as required, ensuring good prudential management principles are employed.
- A minimum of 20 years in an engineering design role but preferably 15+ years’ experience in railway signalling design
- Railway signalling qualification and/or Engineering qualification
- Extensive experience in management of Engineering Designs and/or Projects from concept to completion with demonstrated ability to manage multiple teams, clients/stakeholders and designs / projects
- Detailed Design Experience in Conventional RRI and SSI / CBTC / ETCS Interlockings
- Extensive hands on previous / current experience in design, checking and verification signalling circuits, signalling plans, bonding plans, location / REB designs, control tables, operational & control panel diagrams, interface design, data and location drawings.
- Right attitude, ability to plan & organise with strong analytical skills, monitor, attention to detail and ability to work unsupervised with efficiency and safely in a teamwork environment. To plan & organise with strong analytical skills, monitor, attention to detail and ability to manage
- IRSE licence 1.1.145v1 Design Manager and/or a previous holder of Signalling Principles Designer category 1.1.550 and Signalling design verifier 1.1.160