General ManagerRecruiter: Park Signalling
Salary: £60 - £80k + Benefits
We are looking for a General Manager to lead the Park Signalling business to help realise our ambitious growth plans. The main purpose of the role will be to lead the team to deliver the business plan and sales strategy for both the UK and overseas customers and markets. In your role you will have overall responsibility for the formulation and implementation of the business development strategy for new and existing accounts and customers. The position is based primarily in Stockport but will require travel to our customers both in the UK and overseas.
This role has 5 direct reports with approximately 15 employees working at the Stockport site. We are seeking to engage with individuals who have a proven track record in the Commercial / Business Development arena who are looking to take on a new challenge. You will also be able to demonstrate both your Engineering technical ability and leadership skills and have experience working within the Rail sector. Unipart Rail operates through a set of principles and our Senior Leaders are expected to fully live and breathe the values and principles through their everyday activity and interaction at all levels.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: Essential: - Formal education to degree level or equivalent, with a strong technical appreciation and Engineering qualification (ideally in an electrical or electronics discipline)
- Commercial/ Business Development experience with at least five years in a strategic role -Experience working within the Rail sector
- Demonstrable leadership skills with heavy emphasis on motivation, coaching and development
- Strong commercial background and analytical skills
- High ethical standards in all transactions and dealings Behavioural:
- Determination to achieve and exceed business objectives
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to influence the decisions of both customer and Unipart Rail personnel at all levels
- Ability to maintain and exceed customer expectation
- Ability and willingness to be flexible in order to ensure customer satisfaction and team objectives are met
- Ability to work within and contribute towards the success of a team