The session will cover the keys to commercial success as the rail sector prepares for a ‘new normal’. We will consider fundamental changes brought by the ongoing crisis, including profound shifts to how rail commercial teams function; changing customer expectations and how commercial teams can most effectively accommodate those new expectations; and where commercial teams should prioritize new investments. We will also discuss how technology can accelerate recovery, and how rail operators can drive value during a gradual return to pre-crisis travel patterns.
Live Broadcast 21 September 14:00 UK Time
Key topics to be addressed include:
- How has the passenger experience been redefined and what is the future? How can the ‘new normal’ be supported throughout that experience (booking, in transit, post-travel)?
- How have leisure and business travel changed?
- What can rail operators do to be prepared as conditions change and improve?
- What are the stages of recovery and how are they defined? What can you do if parts of your network are in different stages?
- What is technology’s role in the recovery of the passenger rail industry?
- Do you have the right technology to meet the new customer needs?
- How can technology drive efficiency for your team?
- What are the opportunities for investment?
- How do operators balance the challenge of effective pricing and yield management while maintaining a safe, health-focused passenger experience?
- What key measures should rail operators implement to ensure the optimal customer experience, and what are the key metrics for measuring experience and engagement?
- How will the day-to-day operations of the commercial team be impacted by the ‘new normal”, and how can automation and mobile tools make teams more effective, efficient and productive?
- What insights can other industries can offer the passenger rail industry?