Train Presentation / Aesthetics Supervisor T6Recruiter: Siemens
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 13,760 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £3.36 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. In order to take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are bundled into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
This is a very exciting time for Mobility in Siemens. Siemens are providing both rolling stock and signalling solutions and brand new state-of-the-art Desiro City trains. As a result of this we have created two brand new depots to maintain the new trains in North London and Crawley.
Due to business growth, we have created a brand new team in the Train Presentation department and are looking for a skilled Aesthetics Supervisor to join our brand new rail depot - Three Bridges in Crawley supporting the new Thameslink Service.
As an Aesthetics Supervisor, you will have experience of fault diagnosis and leading medium size teams. Specifically looking after the Aesthetics team you will need experience of Aesthetic repairs and train presentation such as: Painting, Re-filming, Graffiti removal, scratches and dent removal etc. Moreover, it would be ideal if you had considered these processes in a strategic way planning and identifying most profitable solutions.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Investigate any incidents thoroughly, complete relevant reports and implement agreed preventative actions.
- Plan and manage all resources including people, plant, material, tools and third party services to meet the daily operational requirements.
- Execute presentation plan to meet business targets, improve productivity and keep deferred work to a minimum.
- Ensure all activity is undertaken in accordance with the relevant presentation specification and Group Standards.
- Ensure optimum shift coverage minimising downtime, complaints or delay to our customers.
- Understand customer requirements to ensure plans are kept up to date and relationships maintained.
- Maintain log and ensure effective handover to subsequent shifts.
- Ensure required fleet quality standards are met by checking completed work and records.
Continuous Improvement & Quality
- Actively encourage identification of continuous improvement activities and empower team members to implement agreed changes that benefit customers and the business.
- Delivery of productivity improvements identified through various channels.
- Actively seeking opportunities to share best practice with other Supervisors on own site and other sites.
- Actively manage projects within team and/ or area of expertise.
- Facilitate audits in accordance with the audit plan and implement any recommendations made within the agreed timescale.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Make service decisions and manage day to day operations in line with contract KPIs.
- Identity opportunity for additional services.
- Monitor productivity and identify potential cost-savings.
- Demonstrate competence in all of the Siemens Management Standards and Siemens Leadership capabilities.
- Role Model behaviour and values consistent with Siemens Values, Siemens Rail Systems Behavioural Partnership and Siemens Business Conduct Guidelines.
- Develop a high performance culture with strong employee engagement
- Proactively investigate and escalate when expected standards are not met by a member of their team e.g. sickness absence and disciplinary.
- Monitoring teams daily performance against indicators and produce plans to improve performance.
- Conduct management reviews and create effective personal development plans to enhance capability in the team (e.g. on the job shadowing, training, coaching).
- Delivery of team briefs, business information and change initiatives to the team, actively listening and acting on feedback.
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Implementation of safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility.
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Actively promote 4 steps to Zero Harm and the RL behavioural safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions.
What do I need to apply for this role?
- Leadership experience
- Experience of vehicle body repair, painting and mechanical repairs.
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organization/planning skills
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and environment requirements
- Technical knowledge of Rolling Stock presentation procedures/practices
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement principles
- Contract/Commercial knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 348,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. Our Rail Systems business is working to transform the future of rolling stock engineering within the UK. We have maintenance facilities and offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 63319
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time