Hedjaz-Syrian Railway

Opened 1900, the network was originally the northern end of the Damascus--Medina pilgrim railway. The line was taken over by the state in 1945 as the Hedjaz State Railway Administration. In 1960 the 1 050 mm gauge line between Damascus and Serghaya (Lebanese frontier) was separated from the Syrian Railways ...

Subscriber only content. Please sign in to view.

Sub Advert

Not yet a subscriber? Upgrade today to benefit from:

  • Exclusive features and analysis
  • Print and digital editions of Railway Gazette International and Metro Report International magazines
  • Unlimited access to online news
  • Weekly curated subscriber newsletter
  • Access to digital magazine archive

Subscribe today

Take out a Print & Digital subscription for:

  • Monthly print and digital editions of Railway Gazette International magazine
  • Digital back issues

Premium subscribers will also benefit from:

  • Full access to our Railway Gazette Knowledge Hub, a comprehensive reference portal which details more than 2000 main line operators , urban rail networks and regulatory organisations. The Knowledge Hub also gives you access to more than 200 country and city maps.

Subscribe today

Already a subscriber? SIGN IN now