Add us to your taskbar by dragging this icon RGI logo to the bottom of your screen.

Close

Captrain completes ITL acquisition

29 Nov 2010

GERMANY: French rail freight and logistics group SNCF Geodis confirmed on November 29 that it would complete its acquisition of ITL Eisenbahngesellschaft mbH with effect from December 1. Having acquired a 75% stake in the family-owned business in 2008, SNCF Geodis is now acquiring the remaining 25% held by ITL Founder & General Manager Uwe Wegat, who will be leaving the company at the end of the year.

ITL is already operated as part of Captrain Deutschland GmbH, the SNCF Geodis international rail freight business. Wegat is being succeeded as General Manager by Dr Wilfred Schumacher, former General Manager of Wincanton Deutschland GmbH. From the end of 2010 he will be joined on the ITL management board by Michael Meinhardt, who continues as General Manager of Regiobahn Bitterfeld-Berlin GmbH, another Captrain Deutschland subsidiary. Both businesses will continue to report to the head of Captrain Deutschland, Henrik Würdemann.