High Speed in the UK: Making the Case
UK: With the government embarked on an extensive programme of public consultation for the proposed High Speed 2 between London, Birmingham, Manchester and Leeds, Railway Gazette International will be holding a live debate on Wednesday June 8 to discuss the prospects for high speed rail development in the UK.
Among the topics to be addressed are:
- What are the main drivers for investing in new railways?
- How can the UK learn from experience elsewhere?
- What are the added benefits of high speed over conventional rail?
- Is there a viable business case?
- What is the financial return?
- What lessons can be learned for future high speed rail projects?
- What are the benefits for the railway supply industry?
Moderated by Editor-in-Chief Chris Jackson, the webinar panellists include Jim Steer, from high speed rail lobby group Greengauge21; Jerry Marshall, Chair of AGHAST, a campaign group organising opposition to HS2 and promoting alternatives to high speed rail; and Anton Valk, Chief Executive of Abellio, who will be sharing a train operator’s viewpoint. The panel will be completed by Colin Walton, UK Chairman at Bombardier Transportation.
Learn more and register for free.