Now recruiting for Engineering Roles within our Signalling, Electrification and Telecommunications Department (SET).
Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail are recruiting for a wide range of Engineering roles within the Chief Engineer Signalling, Electrification and Telecommunications Department to join us for an exciting phase of growth within the rail sector.
We are one dedicated team that are driven by values to provide safe, customer focussed journeys every day. We believe in our people, we are proud of our past and passionate about our future.
The SET department is responsible for providing a safe and reliable infrastructure for the operation of train services in the Republic of Ireland. We are recruiting for a number of roles including;
Assistant Engineer Signalling
- Senior Assistant Engineer Signalling
- Assistant Engineer Telecoms
- Senior Assistant Engineer Telecoms
- Assistant Engineer Electrification
- Senior Assistant Engineer Electrification
With a Capital Investment Programme of circa €2.5 billion, this is an exciting opportunity for Engineers looking to progress their career in the rail industry across a number of disciplines.
Successful candidates will help in the delivery of key objectives for the department. These include ongoing consistent delivery of maintenance activities across the network, design, specification and renewals of infrastructure assets and providing engineering support across the Capital Investment Programme, which includes DART Expansion, National Traffic Control Centre and Train Protection System.
All candidates for the role should:
- Have an honours degree in electrical/electronic engineering.
Candidates should also have:
- Strong technical engineering ability.
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment.
- High-level planning, scheduling and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in railway systems (signalling, telecommunications, traction or OHLE) would be advantageous.
- Project Management experience would also be advantageous.
The salary that will apply will be commensurate with experience.
A competency-based interview will form part of this selection process. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of experience and/or application/CV.
To apply, submit your CV to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 6th December 2019