We are now recruiting for a wide range of engineering roles within the Chief Engineer Signalling, Electrification and Telecommunications department. We are currently looking for engineering staff to join us for an exciting phase of growth within the railway sector.
Here at Iarnród Éireann Irish Rail we are driven by values that provide safe, customer focussed journeys every day. We are one dedicated team. We believe in our people, we are proud of our past and passionate about our future.
With a capital investment programme of circa €2.5 billion, the largest such programme in our history there is an exciting opportunity, for engineers looking to progress a career in the railway industry across a number of disciplines and help shape the future of public transportation across the island of Ireland.
- Assistant Engineers Telecommunications
- Assistant Engineers Signalling
- Assistant Engineers Electrification (traction, OCS & SCADA)
Successful candidates will become part of the SET team that will help in the delivery of key objectives for the department including ongoing consistent delivery of maintenance activities across the network, design, specification and renewals of infrastructure assets and providing engineering support across the capital investment programme which includes DART Expansion, National Traffic Control Centre and Train Protection System.
All candidates for the role should:
- Be fully qualified to honours degree level in electrical/electronic engineering.
Successful candidates should also have:
- Strong technical engineering ability
- High level of IT proficiency
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment
- High level planning, scheduling and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in railway systems (signalling, telecommunications, traction or OCS) would be an advantage
- Project Management experience would also be an advantage.
The salary that will apply will be commensurate with experience.
A competency based interview will form part of this selection process. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of experience and/or application/CV.
To apply, submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 30th June, 2020