Want to live and work in Perth, Western Australia or looking to return home?
If you’re looking to make a lifestyle change and take the next step in your career and live and work in one of the world’s most liveable cities offering wonderful professional opportunities and the best quality of life in Australia, then come work for us.
Perth is not only the sunniest state capital in Australia but also one of the most picturesque with a riverside location between the Indian Ocean and the Darling Ranges. Perth is a vibrant and modern young city with a population of over 2 million and is surrounded by the Swan Valley wine region and rolling hills of natural bushland and fronted by the most beautiful beaches in the world.
The Public Transport Authority of Western Australia (PTA), is an innovative Government Agency and a highly sought-after employer offering once in a lifetime opportunities to work on major rail infrastructure projects. The PTA is looking for qualified and experienced engineers and transport professionals to help grow and maintain the state’s public transport network. We are committed to providing a safe, reliable and efficient service for our passengers.
Working in a large organisation, with a commitment to providing a reliable transport service for the public, means you will have the opportunity to contribute to the community and provide a public service that many West Australians – and tourists from all over the world interact with on a daily basis.
What will you be part of?
You will be an important part of the third phase of expansion of Perth’s electric passenger rail system since it was electrified at the end of the 1980’s. The Government has commenced a major program of projects named METRONET, the first stage of which will happen over the next 3 to 5 years which are valued at over AUD $3 billion. Some of the major projects in delivery, procurement or in the final stages of planning before formal commencement are:
- The new railway to Forrestfield which passes under the Perth Airport;
- The extension of the Joondalup Line to Yanchep, 40km north of Perth;
- The extension of the Thornlie Line to join with the Mandurah line;
- The new station and turn back siding at Bayswater Station;
- The extra capacity on the Mandurah Line with a new station at Lakelands and a multi-storey carpark at Mandurah;
- The removal of 6 of the existing road/rail level crossings. The first at Denny Avenue, Kelmscott is ready for construction;
- The extension of the Midland Line to Bellevue with a new station at Midland;
- The rail freight facility at Kenwick and a railcar assembly facility at Bellevue;
- The railcar stowage and maintenance facility at Bellevue;
- The acquisition of 300 new ‘C’ series railcars to make up 50 no: 6 car trains;
- The extension of the Armadale Line to Byford.
To find out more about the PTA and these projects, please visit the following links:
Who are we looking for?
The Public Transport Authority is seeking talented, motivated and experience people for the following roles in our major projects delivery division (Major Projects) and in the asset maintenance division (Network & Infrastructure):
Major Projects (MP)
- Principal Overhead Engineer
- Project Track Engineering Manager
- Engineering Assurance Manager
- Project Delivery Manager, Senior Project Delivery Managers & Delivery Managers
- Project Managers (Civil, Structures, Track/Permanent Way, Planning & Controls)
- Engineers (Civil, Structures, Track/Permanent Way, Electrical, Communications, Operational Technology, Signalling)
- Environmental Manager
- Stakeholder Interface Manager
- Railway Operations Coordinator
If you would like specific information about the Major Project positions please contact Mr Andrew Cartledge, Director Special Projects by email: email@example.com or by phone on +618 9326 2122; or mobile +614 417 921 607.
Network & Infrastructure (N&I)
- Principal Signals Engineer Design and Projects
- Senior Signals Engineer
- Senior Overhead Engineer
- Senior Rail Systems Engineer
If you would like specific information about the Network & Infrastructure positions please contact Ms Deborah Siedmiogrodzki, Business Manager by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +618 9326 2078.
Interested in any of these roles?
Please visit www.pta.wa.gov.au/jobinterest in the first instance to access the Job Description Forms to view the positions requirements.
To lodge an application, please email a comprehensive resume to email@example.com clearly indicating your background, your experience and the specific role for which you wish to be considered. In the subject line of your email please state your name and the position that you are applying for.
What we will offer you
The PTA is dedicated to building an organisational culture which attracts, retains and develops the right people, with the right skills, into the right job. We pride ourselves on sourcing and developing local talent, however, we recognise that to continue delivering a high performing network, we must continue to source strong talent from overseas.
The PTA offers sponsorship and a relocation package for candidates who meet the criteria and wish to relocate from overseas.