Organisation: Camlin Rail
What to expect day to day
Camlin are currently recruiting for the position of Business Development Manager for the railway sector across Europe. The successful applicant will join Camlin Rail’s division and assume responsibility of strategic business development for Camlin products into the rail and public transportation sectors across Europe. Additionally, the role will involve identifying new areas for innovation and NPI to the sector. Applicants should have a strong background in sales, account management and prospecting for new business, the position will involve 50-70% travel within Europe.
- Identify accounts with growth potential for Camlin Rail’s range of products
- Work alongside Camlin Senior management in strategic planning for growth in the railway sector across Europe
- Interact with executives at the customer organization to learn about their business and develop a strategy that promotes growth
- Work with customers to develop plans, budgets and timelines for deployment of Camlin Rail products and services
- Manage own sales territory
- Document and report strategic business opportunities with weekly updates on the state of the market
- Develop yearly sales forecasts in cooperation with regional management
- Liaise with various consultants and industry stakeholders to develop specifications for Camlin products
- Attend Trade shows as a representative of Camlin Rail
- Contribute to the creation of marketing tools and literature including manuals, sales literature, application white papers and promotional literature.
- Identify new areas for development of products or services within the rail industry and work with Camlin research and product engineering team to develop new solutions to the sector
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business related discipline
- 5 year proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Experience in the public transportation sector within European countries
- Previous technical experience a plus
- Must have excellent verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with people of all levels within an organization
- Strong knowledge of all MS Applications
- Capable of working independently
- Clean Current Valid Driving license
- Good English Language skills, written and verbal
- EU passport holder and eligible to live and work in Europe
- Willingness to travel
Our Values – What we look for
- We work together - We know that working collaboratively will help us reach our shared goals faster, so we always look for ways to help each other.
- We believe in people - Here at Camlin, our people are central to what we do and what we can achieve. And as we move towards becoming industry and customer ‘partners’ that’s even more important. We trust our team members to do their best and be supportive.
- We won’t accept the ‘way it’s always been done’ - Since Camlin’s inception, we’ve been curious, inquisitive and always want to improve. Thinking differently is in our DNA and we love solving tough challenges.
- We listen to learn - Whether it’s our customers, our markets, or each other, we ask questions and listen to the answers so we can learn and improve.
- We’re trying to do the right thing - We take responsibility for our actions and take decisions based on what’s right for people, profit and planet.
Camlin Group is a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
At Camlin we believe in high quality engineering and design, allowing us to develop market leading products and services. In short, we love creating value for our customers by solving difficult problems.
As of today, the Camlin operation spans over 20 countries across the globe.
- Competitive salary & range of Company benefits
- Smart / Remote Working
- Wellness programmes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Individuals seeking employment at Camlin are considered without regards to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.