ru perm_lionet_cars_

RUSSIA: PK TS is to deliver its four-axle 100% low-floor Lionet trams to two more cities.

It is to supply 16 Type 71-911EM single-section vehicles to the city of Izhevsk this month, with the federal budget funding 60% of the 752m rouble cost as part of the Safe & High-Quality Roads programme. The remaining 40% will be financed through a five-year leasing agreement with state-owned GTLK.

Another 15 trams of the same model are to be supplied to Perm by March 1. PK TS was the sole bidder for the municipal tender worth 705m roubles.

Perm is increasing its fleet to support the imminent commissioning of a new 1 km double-track section of tramway along centrally located ulitsa Revolyutsii. This will be used by six routes, including a new Route 12, with trams running at least every 5 min.