Location: London, UK
Deadline: 03 July 2022
The RSSB Human Factors team work to support the rail industry by providing expertise through technical input to research, the development of Railway Group Standards, National publications, and support for the development of new systems such as ERTMS and GSM-R. Moreover, the Human Factors team acts as a resource for the railway industry by helping companies to deal with their own Human Factors issues, providing bespoke advice, support, training and guidance where required. You will be involved across the full breadth of the human factors discipline and be accountable for producing human factors deliverables and reporting on the progress of your work.
- Provide objective technical input as required for individual pieces of human factors work assigned to you, ensuring that the work satisfies the expectations of the recipient in terms of scope, technical quality and timely delivery.
- Maintain a high level of quality with regard to the human factors products and services you deliver.
- Ensure all products and services supported by you are planned and delivered, within the agreed timescales, to budget and to a high quality.
- Ensure that the level of quality review necessary for all work you are responsible for has been considered, documented and planned.
- Support the project management team in ensuring project risks are anticipated, recorded, reviewed and mitigated through robust management and appropriate interventions and that any emerging issues are escalated to the Lead/Principal Human Factors Specialist to which you report or the Head of Human Factors as necessary.
- Ensure all requests for advice and/or clarification are carefully considered and responded to objectively and in sufficient detail to satisfy the originator’s enquiry. Input from the Principal/Lead Human Factors Specialist to whom you report, or the Head of Human Factors should be sought during this process.
- Ensure, where appropriate, that industry agreed processes have been adhered to, as defined within the RSSB Business Management System (BMS).
- Qualified in Occupational Psychology or Human Factors/ Ergonomics to degree level.
- A member of the British Psychological Society or Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors or equivalent.
- Ability to influence, build and maintain successful relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Keen desire to develop expertise in the field of Human Factors and knowledge of products and services provided to RSSB members, particularly those developed and delivered by the Human Factors Team.
- An individual who shows evidence of clear analytical thinking. Gets to the heart of problems and issues.
- Ability to research, synthesise ideas and present these in a way that is understood and accepted by our internal and external stakeholders.
- A creative thinker that has a positive approach to situations and problems, with a keen focus on learning as a result.
- A driven individual who diligently follows direction and procedures, whilst focusing on ensuring the expectations of members and stakeholders are satisfied.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- An interest in developing the skills to deliver training programmes offered by the Human Factors Team.
- A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer service is also essential to the role.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.