The Membership Development Manager will be responsible and accountable for achieving new Affiliate and new member targets. You will create and leverage opportunities with new clients for the wider team to sell additional services such as consultancy and training to new organisations.
You will work closely with the Affiliate Account Manager to ensure targets are reached and build effective relationships with the wider business development team to maximise commercial opportunities. In addition, you will have principle responsibility for researching new markets, qualifying Affiliate leads, organise and facilitate the onboarding workshops for new Members and Affiliates. You are responsible clear scoping of new customer requirements and ensuring that the relevant experts are involved in the onboarding process where appropriate. A key requirement of this role will be to provide a seamless customer experience from developing the opportunity to onboarding. Travel when appropriate will be required.
- Joint responsibility with the Affiliate Account Manager for achieving Affiliate income targets.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving new business targets by researching and developing new markets for the Affiliate offer.
- Own relationships with key suppliers, stakeholders, and senior level customers. Experienced in working with senior level customers and across an organisation to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Responsible and accountable for providing excellent levels of client service to new clients, ensure prompt and accurate answers to clients’ queries. Promote RSSB products and services to new customers. Build and develop effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to provide excellence in assigned new member/ Affiliate engagement including establishing and maintaining relationships and developing engagement initiatives to meet affiliate needs.
- Work closely with business development colleagues to extend and maximise other commercial opportunities from new Affiliate members.
- Proactively liaise with internal colleagues and actively contribute to website content, and the promotion and marketing of the Affiliate offer.
- Responsible for the analysis of the competitive environment and consumer trends and the research of new markets.
- Manage the CRM process and governance for all new accounts ensuring all contracts are signed and entered into the system and processed on time.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that full and comprehensive details of Affiliates and key stakeholders are maintained accurately on the CRM.
- Responsibility for CRM record governance and best practice guidance assisting the CRM administrator as required.
- Proactively work with the other departments where required to deliver and optimise the user experience of Affiliate membership.
- Contribute to enhancing the Affiliate experience by taking part in key activities.
- A proven track record of new business development to deliver growth and high-quality customer service. Experience of developing business internationally would be advantageous.
- Experience of providing excellent levels of service to internal, and external, stakeholders and customers.
- A lateral thinker, confident in navigating around problems to identify effective solutions.
- Quick to build product and industry knowledge, with an ability to understand a diverse range of clients’ needs.
- Effective time-management and organisational skills.
- Sales ability and experience.
- Effective communication skills with an ability to build relationships.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Previous experience of working in rail, preferably within operations or infrastructure or a demonstrable understanding of the sector.
- Experienced in working with senior level customers and across an organisation to deliver the highest level of customer service.
- Understanding and experience of using CRM software.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a multi- disciplinary environment.
- Degree or equivalent level experience advantageous.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.