CZECH REPUBLIC: The cabinet approved on November 7 a KC11·5bn loan from the European Investment Bank which will be used to modernise eight sections of rail corridors 1 and 2 in 2019–25.
The sections involved are
- Velim – Poříčany;
- Choceň – Uhersko;
- Ústí nad Orlicí – Brandýs nad Orlicí;
- Adamov – Blansko;
- Brno-Maloměřice – Adamov;
- Lipník nad Bečvou – Drahotuše;
- Polom – Suchdol nad Odrou;
- Dětmarovice – Petrovice u Karviné/Polish border.
The total cost of the projects is more than KC24bn, with the remainder of the funding to come from the state budget and the EU’s Connecting Europe Facility.