CANADA: Shortlists have now been announced for all three of the major works contracts for the Surrey Langley Extension of Vancouver’s SkyTrain automated light metro network.
The project will extend the Expo Line by 16 km along Fraser Highway from King George station to 203 Street in Langley city centre, with eight stations.
The three design and build contracts will cover the guideway, the stations, and the systems and track, including power supplies and telecoms.
The pre-qualified bidders are:
- South Fraser Guideway Connectors (Aecon Infrastructure Management, Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Pomerleau BC, Parsons);
- SkyLink Guideway Partners (Dragados Canada, Ledcor Investments, Ledcor Mining, Systra International Bridge Technologies).
- South Fraser Station partners (Aecon Infrastructure Management, Acciona Infrastructure Canada, Pomerleau BC, Aecom Canada);
- SkyLink stations partners (Dragados Canada, Ledcor Construction Investments, Systra International Bridge Technologies, IBI Group Architects).
Systems & Track
- Transit Integrators BC (Graham Infrastructure, SNC-Lavalin Major Projects, SNC-Lavalin Inc, Western Pacific Enterprises);
- Surrey Langley SkyTrain Connectors (Aecon Infrastructure Management, SICE Canada, Parsons);
- Kiewit Infrastructure BC ULC (Mass Electric Construction Canada Co, Mass Electric Construction Co).
The province of British Columbia expects to award the contracts in late 2023 and early 2024, with completion planned for 2028.