Opened in 2004; two-line network serving 51 stops

In December 1998 government approval was given for construction of an initial “Y”-shaped line south from Hucknall and Phoenix Park to the city centre (14 km, 23 stops) opened on March 9, 2004. In 2011 the Tramlink Nottingham consortium won the concession to build extensions southwest to Clifton (7·6 km, 13 stops) and west to Toton via the university (9·8 km, 15 stops). These opened on August 25, 2015, with operation reorganised as two through routes: Clifton – Phoenix Park and Toton – Hucknall.

The 23-year operating and maintenance concession began in December 2011, delivered by Nottingham Trams Ltd on behalf of the Tramlink consortium of Keolis (UK) Ltd, Alstom, Vinci, Wellglade, Meridiam Infrstructure and OFI InfraVia.

Address
Tramlink Nottingham Ltd
4th Floor
Loxley House
Station Street
Nottingham NG2 3NG
UK
Phone
+44 115 847 1479
Email
enquiries@tramlinknottingham.co.uk
Website
www.tramlinknottingham.co.uk
 

Traffic

Passenger journeys:
18·8 million
Information year:
2018-19
 

Company size

No. of employees:
300
 
Gauge:
1435 mm
Length:
32 km
Electrification
32 km - 750 V, DC
Rolling stock
37 LRV/tram cars (15 x Bombardier Incentro AT6/5, 22 x Alstom Citadis 302)