Deadline: 28 August 2022
The Product Development Manager will use innovative approaches to develop new initiatives, protocols and auditing templates ensuring that they meet with the relevant standards, audit, and assessment criteria, creating a fresh new look to how systems and procedures are used.
The role will work with the Compliance Team to ensure new development, review of existing protocols, functional compliance to auditing standards and health and safety systems, relying on their decision around impartiality and technical compliance.
- Define the purpose of and develop new initiatives and protocols ensuring that they meet with the relevant standards, audit and assessment criteria to meet the vision and mission of the Supplier Assurance Team and the RSSB.
- Incorporate client feedback to the development process.
- Develop an outcomes-based roadmap to delivery for the client and the contractors as well as the delivery team.
- Demonstrate the demand and future KPIs of the product through effective metrics and contribute to data insights.
- Ensure that training or development is available and delivered, to enable product launch both for internal and external users.
- Feedback and input to the creation, delivery and evolution of the assurance product strategy.
- Ensure that business area owners have assessed all options and have agreed to the outcomes that deliver value for both them and their customers.
- Identification of appropriate skills and resource to develop the product and subsequently deliver the outcome in the business and their inclusion into the forecast.
- Interface with Project Management Office to ensure that correct governance, assurance and reporting is followed at all times.
- Liaise constantly and proactively with the Project Directorate to ensure that decision-making processes and updates are conducted in the most efficient manner.
- Managing Contractors and internal resource across the RSSB.
- During product development ensure training and / or recruitment of resources in the delivery team is planned and forecast.
- Forecasting works in projects and determining the point of transfer into the business area forecast.
- Manage the information, advice and guidance developed to support the product including the appropriate team members and make available to the Buyers and Suppliers in the schemes and wider industry on a day-to-day basis.
- Represent RSSB and the Assurance Schemes in client facing meetings and at client events.
- Ensure sub-contractors perform to the agreed standards.
- Proven track record of developing and delivering portfolio of products with an income value of or above £3m.
- Significant direct experience with Infrastructure Managers.
- In-depth knowledge of rail, infrastructure or construction processes and standards.
- Master’s degree and/or equivalent relevant qualifications.
- Working knowledge of UK Rail, Infrastructure or Construction sector assurance schemes.
- Product Development and Delivery Experience.
- Experience of managing external contracts, suppliers and teams in a matrix environment.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team or in isolation.
- Manage and prioritise own workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective IT skills.
- A commitment to RSSB’s values and customer service.
- Willing to travel – National coverage.
- Coaching and Mentoring qualification.
Early applications are encouraged, as we may close this vacancy before the advertised deadline if sufficient numbers of applications are received.