INTERNATIONAL: Railway Gazette Events will be hosting a series of online presentations and discussions on December 7 - 11 which will address some of the most pressing issues in the global railway industry.
SmartRail Week will focus on a different topic each day, focusing the conversations between speakers and attendees on a series of core issues.
- Monday December 7: Signalling technology – CBTC, PTC and ERTMS;
- Tuesday December 8: Adapting to a modern day threat – Covid-19;
- Wednesday December 9: The future of transport – providing a more integrated service;
- Thursday December 10: Improving safety and security strategies;
- Friday December 11: Modernised communications to improve operations and customer interaction.
‘We are looking forward to hosting discussions that will help those in the industry learn about worldwide best practice and understand trends that are driving the industry forward’, said Conference Director Craig Simpson.
‘We are excited about the event as it will act as a kick-off to a potentially monumental year for rail in 2021. First it is the European Union’s Year of Rail and there are plenty of European countries pouring money into rail projects. Secondly, a Joe Biden presidency in the USA could be more favourable to public transport. He’s a big fan of passenger rail, with his nickname ‘Amtrak Joe’. We could see an upturn in the amount of transit and rail projects being given the go-ahead.’